Click below to read this story
(Reuters) - General Electric Co plans to cut as many as 4,500 jobs in Europe as the U.S. industrial conglomerate shrinks its troubled power generation business, a labor union source said on Tuesday.
Traditional employers like General Electric Co. are using artificial intelligence and other elements of the work-on-demand business model to manage traditional full-time workforces.
GettyAlfie Deyes is hugely popular on YouTube, building up a following of 5.4 million subscribers over the last decade with videos of his day-to-day life.Deyes earns an estimated £500,000-to-£1 million annually from advertising, plus book...
If you were given a portfolio of $500,000 and three months to gain as much as possible in four weeks, what would you do? read more
* SILENCE THERAPEUTICS PLC CUTS STAKE IN ARROWHEAD PHARMACEUTICALS TO 3.7 PERCENT AS OF DECEMBER 8 FROM A STAKE OF 6.4 PERCENT AS OF NOVEMBER 29 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2BPqQSX) Further company coverage:
* SOCIAL REALITY INC FILES FOR OFFERING UP TO 4.75 MILLION SHARES OF CLASS A COMMON STOCK BY THE SELLING STOCKHOLDERS - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2C0OnBl) Further company coverage:
Stocks rose Friday following a better-than-expected U.S. jobs report, and the strong finish pushed the Standard & Poor's 500 index to its third straight weekly gain despite some struggles earlier in the week
Stocks rose Friday following a better-than-expected U.S. jobs report, and the strong finish pushed the Standard & Poor's 500 index to its third straight weekly gain despite some early struggles.
* MORGAN STANLEY REPORTS 11.4 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN OVERSTOCK.COM INC AS OF NOVEMBER 30 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2BjGmu2) Further company coverage:
** S&P 500 posts 0.4 pct weekly gain and notches record high close on Fri, helped by robust Nov hiring data and legislation averting a government shutdown
Stocks ended the week on an positive note Friday, with the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average logging record closes, while the Nasdaq Composite also advanced. The S&P 500 finished 0.6% higher at 2,651.50, according to preliminary figures, while...
"Hiring was solid in November with employers adding 228,000 new jobs. The unemployment rate held steady at 4.1 percent, while wage growth rose less th
Dow, S&P 500 close at record highs after strong jobs report
General Electric Co. announced details of its new quarterly dividend, which the industrial conglomerate said last month it would cut in half to 12 cents a share. The new dividend will be payable Jan. 25 to shareholders of record on Dec. 27. The stock...
Economic Policy Institute
The Bureau of Labor Statistic’s released its employment situation report for November this morning, which had the economy adding 228,000 jobs and the unemployment rate holding steady at 4.1 percent.
Dosh, an app that finds cash for consumers and helps businesses acquire and retain customers, has raised $4.9 million in funding, according to a source familiar with the transaction. Goodwater Capital led the round with participation from Extol...
* EDGEPOINT INVESTMENT GROUP REPORTS 10.4 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN FLOWSERVE CORPORATION AS OF NOV 30 - SEC FILING Source text : [http://bit.ly/2y8isLN] Further company coverage:
* TEVA PHARMACEUTICAL MAY CUT UP TO 10,000 JOBS GLOBALLY -BLOOMBERG Source: https://bloom.bg/2jb1hYT Further company coverage:
In general, jobs that rely on problem solving, creativity, research, design, and interpersonal skills are less likely to be automated than those with well-defined steps to perform each day.
Early comments on the November jobs report, which showed 228,000 jobs added in the month, and the jobless rate staying at 4.1%.